StellarMate is the Next Generation Internet-of-Things Astrophotography gadget! The principle behind StellarMate is simple:
- Connect your equipment (Mount, DSLR/CCD, Focuser, Filter Wheel..etc) to StellarMate via USB/Bluetooth or Network.
- Connect to StellarMate from either your Mobile, Tablet, or Laptop/Desktop Computer.
- Start controlling your observatory and imaging from any major platform.
A complete free astrophtography tool is shipped with StellarMate: Ekos. You can either use the built-in Ekos Astrophtogoraphy Tool, or download it on your Windows, MacOS, or Linux computers to remotely control StellarMate from any where!
From controlling a lone mount in the field, to orchestration of state of the art observatory, StellarMate is the solution you have been waiting for.
StellarMate is based on Raspberry PI3, a proven platform for embedded computers for many years.
- SoC: Broadcom BCM2837
- CPU: 1.2 GHZ quad-core ARM Cortex A53 (ARMv8 Instruction Set)
- GPU: Broadcom VideoCore IV @ 400 MHz
- Memory: 1 GB LPDDR2-900 SDRAM
- Real Time Clock (DS3231) with battery.
- Storage: 16GB MicroSD card class 10.
- USB 2.0 ports: 4
- Network: 10/100 MBPS Ethernet, 802.11n Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4.0
- HDMI: 1.8m Gold Plated HDMI cable.
- Power: 2.5A 5v power supply with convenient on/off switch. The power supply plug is US-type, however, a European-type adapter is also included.
NEW RTC module: StellarMate now ships with a Real-Time Clock with battery to keep StellarMate time accurate even when power is off. A real time clock is critical for accurate astronomy & astrophotraphy work.
I am a noob in astrophotography but this would be something what I always would have wanted if I was an expert. It is easy to acces from the Stellarmate app or with a separate VCN viewer, which is actually better for tablets or phones. The support service is excellent!Nightwatch